Friday, April 23, 2010

The Killing M.O

When I was under 6 (cant remember the exact age) I was watching a Batman cartoon. It was the first time they introduced The Joker and this Joker ain't wacky Jack Nicholson or even murderous Heath Ledger. He was worse. He was evilly scary, his manic laughter along with that psychotic smile scarred the living shit out of my child's mind. I was terrified for days, haunted in fact. I couldn't go to my parents because I knew that my parents would not be able to allay my fears as they would be more concerned about preventing me from watching 'scary stuff on tv again' aka 'no more watching tv.' I guess it's easier to not expose a child to the 'evils of the world' rather than educating and reassuring a child that scary things that go bump in the night are not necessarily to be feared.

How did I cope? When they say that the mind is capable of powerful things, they are not kidding.

When an unwanted memory or an unpleasant thought springs up in my mind, I've trained my mind so well that I am actually able to force it out or just bury it quick before it can linger. No thinking, no hurting's the Modus Operandi. It wasn't easy at first, The Joker stayed in there for quite a while. But as the years passed and more things happened, I got better with time and practice.

Yet somewhere deep down in my gut something tells me that it's mentally unhealthy.

Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment