Monday, April 9, 2012

It happened that night

It was another night shift and I was driving to work. After I got off the freeway I was to merge onto the main road and from a distance I saw a stationary car in the middle, blocking traffic. Hm. Something must have had happened. Yet there were no emergency vehicles around and no flashing police lights. Traffic was moving relatively smoothly and it was just a singular car. However, as I got closer, I started to notice other things. There was a man, a regular joe, directing traffic. Firm and calm, he was doing a pretty good job. About three other people were around the vehicle and I started to wonder why/what it was doing there and not at the side of the road. Then I noticed a shiny object, a bicycle wheel, crushed under the tire. My eyes automatically tried to seek out the rest of the bicycle and as I was doing so I saw one of the people around the vehicle, a lady, bend down and looked under the car. So I tried to see what she was looking at. That's when I saw a hand right under the middle of the car. The hand was attached to a blue-sleeved arm and that's all I could see. Suddenly I realized that the pool of reflective liquid around the limb was blood.

There was no movement. And in my heart there was no hope.

So please, if You see it fit, grant a little mercy and grace for the poor soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment