Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It ain't a small world after all

When people say "I'm going to go find myself" they usually don't take a year off to do that. But that's what I did. And yes, this year of Sabbatical technically wasn't supposed to be but it just...became.

I've tried so many different hats, worn different identities. I guess the dress always looks different in your mind than when you are actually in it. Haven't found the perfect fit yet but at least now I have some ideas. Some things can be improved on and some things need to go. The practical part of me is pissed that I spent so much time with nothing to show for but the spiritual side begs, no, politely demands to differ.

Not really sure who I am...but sure as hell know who I'm not. It's not much but I think it might just be enough, for now.

If it's time for me to move on and try this new version of the dress somewhere else, so be it. It ain't a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment